Published: Saturday, 09 September 2023 11:56
Mailster v1.7.10 fixes a couple of important bugs.
- When moderation is active, the list administrators (serving as moderators) should not need to approve their own messages to the list
- Mailster recognizes when the Joomla email sending is disabled (even though the Joomla mailer is used in one or more active mailing lists)
- Profile plugin (editing List subscription in Joomla user profile in backend) works now for Joomla 4
- Fix error: Non-static method PEAR::isError() cannot be called statically
- Fix issue in CB synchronization (when doing actions in CB backend)
- Fix two bugs related to email digests that could prevent digests from being sent
- Case insensitive blocked email addresses check
- Fix some PHP Deprecated messages (PHP 8.1 and later)
Published: Wednesday, 02 August 2023 15:33
Mailster v1.7.9 fixes a couple of bugs, mostly related to the compatibility with PHP 8.1 and 8.2
- Remove logging to the database since no longer recommended way to debug
- When formatted HTML with very long lines is encountered, automatic line splitting may run into issues. e.g. when formatted Text from Google Docs is copied into the email body.
This is now fixed.
- Fix CB Bride Plugin issue for saving changes in CB "my account" profile
- Avoid errors with empty body/html/attachments under PHP 8.x
- Fix error 1406 Data too long for column references_to
- Fix subscriber module problem with PHP 8.1/8.2
- Avoid PHP Deprecation Warnings under PHP 8.2
- Better capture enqueuing issues
Published: Friday, 20 January 2023 09:45
Mailster v1.7.8 fixes one bug: emails without TO recipient(s) are supported
- Email without TO recipient will not stop email(s) from being retrieved from the mailing list inbox
Published: Sunday, 01 January 2023 01:00
Mailster v1.7.7 fixes a few issues.
Most notably, it fixes a bug that was displayed as "1366 Incorrect string value".
This came down to the combination of email content (containing emojis and/or special text characters) with a MySQL database with an inadequate collation setting (or at least for the Mailster tables).
That means a database that is not set up in a way that it can store "new characters" like Emojis. Mailster v1.7.7 automatically fixes/adjusts the database tables to whatever the Joomla content title is configured to use for the collation. This usually means that emojis etc. are then supported and the error is gone.
- Update Html2Text library
- Changing install script to use utf8mb4 instead of utf8 for the default character set
- Fix for better SMTP debugging
- Fix issue when no iconv functionality is available for charset conversion
- Fix issue to automatically use the core's DB field collation (of content.title) for Mailster's content fields.
This should prevent the MySQL error "1366 Incorrect string value" when emojis and other utf8mb4 characters are used and the database collation is/was still utf8.
- Do not show unmoderated view in frontend (chronological email view)
- Remove irrelevant code
Published: Wednesday, 02 November 2022 20:10
Mailster v1.7.6 fixes a few issues.
- Improve compatibility with PHP 8
- Introduce dummy-updateservers to please the Joomla 3.10 update checker ("Pre-Update Check for Joomla 4.x")
- Servers can be deleted again
- Do not render user view when no user record found
- Digest sending mechanism does not produce PHP warning